Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Roadside Dresser

Back in December (yea, it's been that long) I wrote a quick post about a dresser I had found by the side of the road.  It was gorgeous, like all discarded dressers that I find.  But more importantly, someone had done All. The. Hard. Work. For. Me.  A huuuge thanks to whoever decided that refinishing this dresser was just too much work and left it for me to find.

This is what it looked like the night I took it home.  Pre-stripped and sanded, knobs and screws in a plastic bag inside one of the drawers.  It was fate, I assure you.

I'm not sure how I ended up not getting any "in-progress" photos.  Possibly because it spanned over the course of six months and sat lonely in the garage for most of that time.  Either way, I gave it new stain, new varnish, and vintage glass knobs picked up at a salvage store for $8 total.



Not bad for a roadside find, eh??

It sat like this for a loooong time, waiting for a new home (we have ZERO room for it, or else I would have hoarded it for myself).  But my mother-in-law graciously accepted it when I told her it was taking up space.

I snapped this picture quick while visiting in New York this past weekend.  She uses it in her spare room for all her jewelry and extra clothes.  Right at home :)

And guess what??  Tonight is garbage night and I've already staked out something good down the street :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)