Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wicker Kicker

My best friend was promised a fine piece of J. Paris furniture when her and her husband purchased their new home in September...of 2009!  It took me awhile, but I finally got her her housewarming gift :)


This chair is actually a pair, but I decided to split them up.  The wicker was ripped on the back when I got them (read: picked them up on garbage night) but I would have removed it regardless.  Removing it, however, caused a small problem initially....it meant there was no back.  I had to create one out of a piece of hard plastic sheeting I had lying around.  That became the template for attaching the back's fabric to.  The back itself became a completely separate piece that was then attached the the actual chair. 

The seat was, of course, recovered.  The chair body was stripped, sanded, stained, and varnished.  I used a combo of dark walnut and red oak stain (I only had a little of each left!).



Better late than never, I always say :)

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL CHAIR. YOU DO GREAT WORK. MIMA

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)