Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Steamer Trunk Sale!!

For my 21st birthday my mom bought me an awesome gift! This antique, authentic steamer trunk complete with travel stickers from different ports!  The inside smelled musty and was an ugly floral pattern, but I loved it!


Isn't it cool??

It sat closed up under 3 other trunks in my bedroom at my parent's house until I moved out.  I left it behind because it was sooo huge and incredibly heavy and I had no idea what to do with it.  I didn't want to get rid of it, but its purpose was still unclear to me.

Then it hit me!

At my parent's, my mom has entire rooms dedicated to crafts and sewing.  But my apartment? Not so much.  So all my supplies were stuffed into a rolling plastic cart.  Not anymore!

I recovered the drawer faces with random fabric that didn't have a home yet.  Then I sprayed the heck outta it with Febreeze!!


Before



After

It now holds all of my arts, crafts, and sewing supplies!!

1 comment:

  1. THAT IS A TREMENDOUS IDEA!!!! YOU SHOULD MAKE A BUSINESS WITH YOUR WONDERFUL CRAFTY IDEAS!!!!!!
    ;LOVE -- MEMA

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)