Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New to the blogging world!

Well, a little bit about me:

-I have an insatiable craving and knack for taking something old and outdated and turning it completely around - whether it be a coat of paint, new upholstery, or a mix of both.
-I LOVE crafting and creating and my medium varies depending on my mood and level of interest.
-I am a self-proclaimed junk freak.
-I'd love to own a shop where I sell all the crazy stuff I come up with.
-I can't wait for summer so I can go to garage sales and flea markets (it's where I find my inspiration!)
-I collect just about everything - seriously.
-I went to school for interior design - I'm not doing anything with it.
-I hate to have everything match in a room.
-I'm VERY eclectic!
-I can't read decorating magazines before I go to bed because my mind will be turning ALL night!

All little bit about my new adventure:

-I'm moving 40 minutes from the house I grew up in (AKA my parents house in Mecca, OH) to Kent, OH.
-I'm still going to commute to work (a 35 minute drive) everyday because I truly enjoy my job. At least until something else comes along.
-The apartment is an 800 sq. ft. 1 bedroom loft w/ its own entrance and fenced-in front porch.
-I will have no problem filling it w/ my many boxes of stuff!
-I'm moving because it was time for a change. I didn't HAVE to move, but I'm proud to be able to do this on my own.
-I'll now be 10 minutes from my best friend Keila (Mogadore, OH) and 15 minutes from my boyfriend Dan (Cuyahoga Falls, OH)  :)
-I've been saving money since high school to buy a house someday.  That dream still lives and I will accomplish it, I'm just not sure where my life will be 5 years from now to stick myself w/ a mortgage.
-I'd be lying if I said I wasn't terrified to live alone.

Overall, this is a BIG deal for me and I couldn't have done it w/o the love and support of my family and friends who all realize that this is MY life and this is what I have to do for ME.

Moving day is in 3 weeks, but in the meantime, I'm going to post projects I've done in the past. Hope you like them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)